It takes a really special photographer to be deemed a “posed newborn photographer” (in my eyes…). I am not one of those special people. I have plenty of friends who do that style of newborn photography and I think it is gorgeous but it just is not MY style, it doesn’t really suite the way I photograph. I do believe I was trying to be a bit more “posed” in some of my past newborn sessions but after meditating and praying a lot about it, I have decided to dedicate myself 100% to more of the “lifestyle” newborn photography style. Lifestyle photography is basically just that…”in the life of” and although I may still swaddle your little bundle up and put him in a basket or two, my main focus from now on will be photographing your newborn in his or her WORLD.
Some ideas of lifestyle that I envision are…
– mom and dad holding baby together in the nursery
– family with baby on mom and dad’s bed, looking at the baby/talking to the baby
– siblings with baby/on the bed, interacting with each other
– baby in his/her nursery, crib, changing table, photos of just the nursery and surroundings
– baby with pets on the bed or couch
– mom rocking the baby to sleep or nursing baby (if mom would like such photos)
– sibling feeding baby or playing with baby
– lots of family interaction with baby
– up close photos of baby’s features (toes, nose, ears, lips, feet, etc)
– baby in a special outfit or blanket or with a significant family heirloom
I do plan on doing a few small/light props but focusing more on the lifestyle images of the family and newborn versus just photos of your baby in a pose. I love soft, emotional, heart felt images that will make you look back and remember those times when your newborn was that small. I am going to go back to basics when it comes to my newborn photography and I am very excited about this! I love capturing images your family will cherish for years to come. I am also planning to lower my lifestyle newborn sessions as far as the time (going down to 1.5 hours because the full 2 hours isn’t always necessary when it comes to lifestyle photography) as well as the pricing (please check the pricing on the home page of this website). I feel in my heart this small change is going to be great for me, more in my style wheelhouse of how I photograph families anyway, so excited to capture your lifestyle newborn photos this year!
Now, onto this sweet cutie, baby Michael at only 11 days old. What a sweet, sleepy baby he was and OH boy did he smile a lot. It was a pure honor to photograph this sweet little guy. I hope I get to see him grow up through my lens as well. Enjoy!
If you would like to book your lifestyle newborn photo session, please contact Melissa at (949) 355-3060 or email@example.com or by the contact tab on the top of this page. I would LOVE to hear from you! It is always best to book your newborn photo session while you are still pregnant, newborns are best photographed at 14 days old or younger as that is when they are in their sleepy/curly stage in life.